Comma, as a producer of Original Equipment (OE) specified products, is obliged
to produce products, in accordance with OE specification.
Comma has registered with the Association of the Constructors of European
Automobiles (ACEA) through the European Engine Lubricants
Quality Management System (EELQMS) as a producer of Original Equipment specified
products and therefore Comma products may be used during routine servicing
without affecting the vehicle manufacturer’s warranty.
In this guarantee, references to motor vehicles are to motor vehicles as defined
within Commission Regulation (EC) No 461/2010.
Comma’s guarantee is only applicable for use of Comma products in the United
Kingdom. The guarantee applies to all motor vehicles,
including those which are within their warranty period, which are serviced with
Comma products purchased in the United Kingdom.
Comma hereby undertakes and GUARANTEES that on the date of their delivery to our
- all relevant Comma products will meet specification as claimed or as agreed in
- all relevant Comma products as claimed or as agreed in writing will be
compatible with engine, braking, gearbox or cooling systems in
This Guarantee does not affect the purchaser’s statutory rights.
Conditions of the guarantee
This GUARANTEE is conditional upon the strict usage of the Comma products being
in accordance with:
- 1) the recommendations as listed at www.CommaOil.com; and
- 2) the motor vehicle being serviced in line with the manufacturer’s recommended
service intervals and regimes.
This guarantee is also conditional upon none of the exclusions listed below
How to claim under the guarantee
1) Upon discovery of the damage (but not later than 21 days from the date of
discovery of the damage and within six months of the date of
the damage having occurred) call Comma’s Customer Services Manager on +44 (0)1474
2) Allow a Comma representative and a mutually appointed assessor/engineer to
examine the vehicle and maintenance records (if available)
to determine the extent of the damage. Proof of purchase will be required to
confirm that the Comma product covered by this guarantee
was in use.
3) Allow a Comma representative to obtain a relevant engine oil, transmission
oil, coolant or brake fluid sample for analysis at no cost to you
to assist in determining the cause of the equipment failure.
4) A full report, with the outcome, will be sent back to you within a timely
This guarantee excludes:
- Comma products used in equipment that has been modified outside of the
original equipment manufacturer’s original specification.
- Comma products that have been used in a manner which is not in compliance with
any standards, conditions, instructions or
specifications which have been provided with such product or could otherwise be
- Comma products that have been negligently used, or which have been used for a
purpose other than their original stated purposed.
- Comma products that have been used in conjunction or mixed with any other
product or additive that has not been authorised for use
- Failure of, or damage to, equipment that is due to a pre-existing condition or
that is otherwise unrelated to the use of Comma products.
- Any damage that has been caused by normal wear and tear of equipment (and any
repair to, or replacement of, equipment to the extent
the repair or replacement relates to damages constituting or arising from normal
wear and tear).
- Any claim alleging that damage to an engine, braking, gearbox or coolant
system has been caused by reasons of the Comma product not
meeting the specification claimed or agreed but which is not proved, supported
or verified by a mutually appointed assessor or engineer.
If any provision of this guarantee is held to be unlawful, invalid, illegal or
incapable of being enforced by any rule or law, all other conditions
or provisions of this guarantee shall nevertheless remain in effect.